Zusammenfassung: An intimate journey of discovery amid stunning Alpine panoramas. This itinerary includes riding on the famous Glacier Express and staying in some of Switzerland's most enchanting hotels.
± CHF 4,977.00
Preis pro Tag
± CHF 355.00
- Insight Vacations
- Country Roads of Switzerland
An intimate journey of discovery amid stunning Alpine panoramas. This itinerary includes riding on the famous Glacier Express and staying in some of Switzerland's most enchanting hotels.
- Welcome to Lucerne.
- Ascend the summit of Mount Stanserhorn.
- Bern, Gruyères and Montreux.
- Lake Geneva & the Swiss Countryside.
- Geneva and Scenic Lake Cruise.
- Martigny, Sion and Zermatt.
- Zermatt at Leisure.
- The Italian Lake District to Baveno.
- The Glamour and Glitz of St. Moritz.
- Leisure Time in St. Moritz.
- The Glacier Express.
- Grindelwald at Leisure.
- Rural Switzerland to Zürich.
- Depart Zürich.
Besuchte Städte (7): Zurich, Lucerne, Bern, Montreux, Geneva, Zermatt, Sankt Moritz
- Lake Geneva: Visit Domaine Bovy, a family-run winery overlooking Lake Geneva. After a tasting enjoy delicious Farm-to-Table fare, of course accompanied with these local wines.
- Zermatt: Choose between fine local restaurants, with an option to experience the typical Swiss meal of fondue, on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Zürich: Raise your glass and enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant for your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Stanserhorn: Embark on a spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn and appreciate unrivalled views of snow-capped peaks. Meet a Swiss Ranger and learn about the local wildlife.
- Bellinzona: Julia Guidotti is your Local Expert as you explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site, known as the capital of Italian Switzerland. Having married and now living in the region, Julia is very passionate to share her story and why she loves the area.
Top Rated Highlights
- Zürich: Your Travel Director will show you the Bahnhofstrasse, Grossmünster, River Limmat and Frauenmünster.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Bern: Your exploration with a local historian through Switzerland's capital includes seeing the floral displays, Bear Pits, Cathedral of St. Vincent, Federal Palace, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Gruyères: Travel along valley floors covered with rich meadowland, to the pretty town of Gruyères. Your Travel Director leads an orientation tour where you will see the main street and 13th century castle.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva and there is free time to explore.
- Chillon Castle: Led by your Local Expert, visit the castle set on a rocky islet in the lake. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon'. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau, Floral Clock and Reformation Monument.
- Lake Geneva: Enjoy first-class seats as you cruise on the serene waters of the King of Lakes, inspiration to the early Romantic movement.
- Martigny: View the Roman Amphitheatre during your orientation.
- Sion: Your Travel Director will show you the two fortress-churches, the cathedral and Old Town Hall.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- St. Moritz: If you think there’s no such thing as a free ride, you'd be mistaken! With your inclusive pass, travel on 13 cable cars, funiculars, chairlifts and select public transport options (when available). The crisp Alpine air is included in the deal.
- Glacier Express: Travel on-board the world-famous Glacier Express, journeying through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts. Enjoy a glorious adventure in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, only possible by rail.
- Lauterbrunnen: Enjoy your orientation of the village that takes its name from 'many fountains,' referring to the 72 waterfalls that are within the surrounding valley.
- Staubbach Falls: In the Valley of the Waterfalls, witness these magnificent falls that plunge 300 metres.
- Grindelwald: Explore this glacier village during an orientation led by your Travel Director.
- Brienz: Learn the history of woodcarving at the Jobin Swiss Woodcarving Centre.
- Scenic Drives: Swiss countryside is some of the most beautiful in the world. Enjoy drives along Lake Geneva, passing the Vaud Alps and Rhône Valley. Continue through the Simplon Pass, Italian Lake District, Grison Region, San Bernardino, Julier Pass and Engadine Valley. Journey by the Schöllenen Gorge, Grindelwald Valley, through the Brünig Pass and pass Lakes Lungern and Sarnen.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
|Reise (Rundreise)|| Zurich|| Zurich|
Dies ist eine organisierte Gruppenreise: die Reiseroute wurde vom Reiseveranstalter vorgegeben. Die Reiseziele, Dauer, Unterkünfte, das Abreisedatum und der Preis sind festgelegt. Sie können sich anmelden, mitmachen, genießen und andere Leute treffen.
Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria (11 Tage)
Surprisingly, the vineyards, gabled shop fronts and opulent palaces play second fiddle to the scenery. Experience the magical, unrivalled beauty of the Alpine world, on-board the enthralling Glacier Express.
Nächste Abfahrt: 10-Apr-2020
Preise ab: ± CHF 3,714.00
Country Roads Bavaria Switzerland Austria (11 Tage)
Surprisingly, the vineyards, gabled shop fronts and opulent palaces play second fiddle to the scenery. Experience the magical, unrivalled beauty of the Alpine world, on-board the enthralling Glacier Express. Explore the quaint village of Oberammergau as i...
Nächste Abfahrt: 15-Mai-2020
Preise ab: ± CHF 3,937.00
- Finden Sie interessante Ziele pro Land oder Region
- Suchen, downloaden und teilen Sie Touren und Kreuzfahrten, die zu Hause oder am Zielort beginnen
- Vergleichen Sie Veranstalter, Reiserouten, Anfangsdatums und Preise, um die für Sie beste Reise zu finden, egal ob Budget, Komfort oder Luxus
- Klicken Sie auf eine einfache Schaltfläche, um die Reise auf der Operator-Website anzuzeigen, um weitere Informationen zu erhalten oder online zu buchen
- Buchen Sie direkt beim Reiseveranstalter, ohne Mittelsmänner, ohne zusätzliche Geschäftsbedingungen